Our introduction to the Netherlands was like most people’s – with a trip to Amsterdam. We immediately fell in love with its romantic vibe, its beautiful canals, its charming architecture, and its delicious stroopwafels. We returned a couple times before deciding to spend a month exploring more of the country during our year of travel. And we ended up spending two months here. We were hooked.
We’ve recently celebrated our one year of living in Rotterdam. Though we don’t have as many picturesque canals, we absolutely love this city. We still marvel at the unique buildings around us and love getting to know new neighborhoods. And we continue to travel and explore the rest of the Netherlands as well. Our goal is to get to all 12 provinces – we only have three to go so we should achieve it in good time.
So let us show you what we love about this country. We’ve got a lot of insider tips for Rotterdam, advice about visiting the most popular places in the Netherlands, and some hidden gems. Check back often for more as we continue to explore.
Netherlands travel inspiration
- Best places to visit in the Netherlands that you may have never heard of
- Top 10 things I love about the Netherlands
Things to do in Rotterdam
- Free things to do in Rotterdam
- Best bars in Rotterdam for craft beer – a local’s guide
- Five reasons to visit the Market Hall in Rotterdam
- Fun at Fenix Food Factory
- To market to market (in Rotterdam)
- Best pho in Rotterdam Centrum
- Rotterdam is too cool
Top Netherlands tourist attractions
- Everything you need to know about the Gouda cheese market
- Visiting Keukenhof: tips and pretty tulip pictures
- Amsterdam calm