Long-term travel is different from taking a vacation. Very different. In addition to a whole lot of planning, it takes a completely different mindset. Our trip around (some of) the world took us to 27 countries across Europe, Asia, and Oceania. Though we were actually on the road for 13 months, with all the advanced planning needed, we were fully immersed in the long-term travel thing for about two years.
We learned a lot – before, during, and after. There are the logistical issues like making travel budgets and packing for different climates. And bigger life issues like traveling as a couple and staying healthy on the road. We’re sharing all of our advice and travel stories to help you achieve your long-term travel goals.
Round-the-world trip planning tips
- Planning a world trip itinerary
- Our complete around the world itinerary
- Easy ways to save money while traveling
- 3 week Japan itinerary
- One month New Zealand road trip itinerary
- 3 great northern Italy itineraries
- Our South of France itinerary